- Certain models to be exempted from the newest Android update
- Two models Mi Max 3 and Mi Max 3 Alpha to be discontinued in production
Xiaomi has updated the list of smartphones that will not receive the Android 11 upgrade. These Xiaomi models, famous for being inexpensive and high-performing, will not receive Android 11:
- Redmi Note 7, Note 7 Pro, Note 7/7S
- Redmi Note 8, Note 8 Pro, Note 8T
- Xiaomi Mi CC9e
- Redmi 8, Redmi 8A Dual, Redmi 8A
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G
- Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha
The source of this news clarifies this update as up-to-date and binding. It also says that Mi Mix 3 and Mi Mix Alpha are nearing the end of their production cycle, and the Chinese manufacturers will discontinue these two models.
It is mentioned, however, that even though these models will not be getting the Android 11 update, they will have the latest MIUI 12 user interface based on the current Android configuration they run on.
What is MIUI 2?
MIUI provides the user with the following features:
- Dark Mode 2.0, Ultra Power Saving Mode
- Application menu
- Super wallpaper with complex 3D animations
- Improved health metrics, more careful control over privacy settings
- Multitasking, that now will support floating windows on screen, and picture-in-picture mode.