7 Best Idli Maker in India
7 Best Idli Maker in India
Table of Contents
Hot- hot steaming idli with delicious coconut chutney and sambar on a Sunday morning. Don’t you think that’s a perfect breakfast on a week-off?
Idli is a staple breakfast food item of Indian subcontinent cuisine. It is lightweight food made up of fermented black lentils and rice.
This soft rice puff is very healthy and beneficial for health since it contains no fats, saturated fats or cholesterol.Including idli in your diet plan is thus a great idea.
If you want to have a bite of idli when you want to, then buying an idli maker is the best option. Best Idli maker cooker that comes with a set of aluminium plates with hollow circles in it which are meant to be filled with batter.
Best Idli Maker in INDIA
Factors to consider before choosing the best Idli Maker in India
Before buying best idli maker , there are many factors to look for such as :
- Type of idli maker
- Number of stands
- Material used in making
- Plate size
We have talked about them in detail in the ‘Buying Guide’ section. Do read them to make an informed choice.
Best Idli Maker in India: Reviews
1. Pigeon Stainless Steel 6-Plates Idly Maker - Best Idli Makers in India
Pigeon is one of the best idli maker brands in India and has gained a lot of popularity among the customers because of their appliances. This idli maker is made up with stainless steel material. The thicker gauge design ensures increased durability. Pigeon idli maker contains 6 plates. Each of the plates contains 4 provisions and thus 24 idlis can be steamed at one go. The product comes with a 6 months warranty. It helps to prepare perfect regular sized idlis.
This idli maker comes along with a whistle which helps to regulate the pressure while cooking. The product is durable, easy to clean and use. The weight of this idli cooker is 1.61Kg and the dimensions are 9 x 9 x 4 cm. It is a very hygienic product and requires very low maintenance. There is another variant of this product that comes with 4 plates instead of 6. Indeed it is one of the best idli maker cookers one can buy in 2020.
Warranty – Best Idli Maker in India (Pigeon 6 plates Idly Maker)
Pros – Best Idli Maker in India (Pigeon 6 plates Idly Maker)
- Value for money.
- Premium quality- usage of thick metal sheet
- Saves times- 24 idlis at one go
- Corrosion resistant- Hygienic
- Easy to clean and use
Cons – Best Idli Maker in India (Pigeon 6 plates Idly maker)
- Plastic handle can be improvised
- Warranty period could be longer
This idli maker is perfect for a medium to big Indian family since 24 idlis can be prepared at one go using 6 plates. You can even go for a lesser number of plates in the same model.
2. Pristine Induction Compatible Stainless Steel Multi Purpose Kadai - Best Idli Makers in India
This product is one of the best idli makers which comes with multipurpose utility. This kadai is made up of stainless steel and hence hygienic to use. The product is known to run for a long time without any issues.
The kadai handles are designed to withstand high temperatures and easy to hold. This multipurpose kadai comes with 5 stands that are of varied sizes and shapes. 2 stands are given to make idlis. It is a whistle-less cooker and hence you need to keep monitoring the process.
This appliance can be used to cook various dishes like momos, dhoklas, vegetables.It is made of high-quality steel. Infact, it is the best idli maker for home. Apart from this, there is a base to create sandwiches as well. The product does not come with any warranty which can be a little disappointing.
Warranty – Best Idli Maker in India (Pristine Induction)
Pros – Best Idli Maker in India (Pristine Induction)
- Can withstand high temperature
- Multipurpose use
- Long lasting- durable
- Compatible with both gas stove and induction
- Made up of stainless steel
Cons – Best Idli Maker in India (Pristine Induction)
- Little heavy in weight
- Not suitable for large families
- Idli often sticks to the plate- caution while removing the idli.
- No warranty on the product
It has a capacity of 2.5 litres and is ideal for a small family. You can prepare 8 idlis at one go. Since it works with both gas and induction cooktop, this best idli maker is an ideal choice for those who believe in ‘two chicks one shot’.
3. Pigeon Hot 24 Idly Pot with Steamer - Best Idli Makers in India
Steamer because of its strong and sturdy Idli maker. This best idli maker in india appliance is capable of making 24 idlis at one time. This idli maker has a capacity of 7500mL and can be used for various purposes due to its induction compatibility.Due to its stainless steel material, it is rust resistant.
This idli maker has enhanced durability. The product is easy to use , wash and handle. It is also equipped with a thick pressure gauge which helps to steam various types of foods. The product comes with 6 idli plates and each plate has 4 compartments to fill batter. Also, the product comes with a warranty of 6 months. Again, due to its large capacity it is very suitable for a big family.
This product can be of great use if a large number of guests are about to arrive at your house and you only have 15-20 minutes to cook. In our view, this is the best idli maker which is inexpensive and provides most of the benefits.
It has superb performance, high-quality build, and brand value. It also looks smart, enhancing the decor of your interiors with its presence.
This fan has three blades with a sweep of 400 mm. It also has a motor speed up to 1300 RPM for high-speed wind. The oscillation mechanism is smooth and has extensive angular coverage. This device consumes only 50 watts to operate which is another reason why it is one of the best pedestal fans in India.
Warranty – Best Idli Maker in India (Pigeon Hot 24 Idly Pot)
Pros – Best Idli Maker in India (Pigeon Hot 24 Idly Pot)
- Stainless steel rust resistant
- Thick gauge leads to high durability.
- Light weight
- Easy to use and clean Idli plates are easy to put and remove
- Multi-purpose Compatible with induction ovens, can be used to cook many dishes
Cons – Best Idli Maker in India (Pigeon Hot 24 Idly Pot)
- Warranty period could have been increased
- The quality of the handle could have been better.
- Needs to be handled carefully.
This best idli maker is ideal for a joint family. One can make 24 idlis at a go. Since it takes less time to prepare idlis, it is a highly purchased best idli maker in india.
4. iBELL Stainless Steel Idli Cooker With 4 Idli Plates - Best Idli Makers in India
iBELL is an Indian based company which was started in the year 2007. Since then,this company has arised to be one the popular companies that provides customers with quality products. iBELL’s best idli maker is an amazing stainless steel Idli Cooker which is compatible with both induction & gas stove. It has a stainless steel body which is rust resistant and hygienic to use.
The product comes with a 6 months warranty. This warranty can be extended to 6 months by registering the product online.The idli maker is made up of thick gauge and increases the lifespan of this appliance. There are 4 plates which help to make 16 idlis at one time. There is another variant in the same range which offers 6 idli plates. As mentioned by the users, the time taken for the preparation of idlis is less than 10 minutes and hence it helps to save energy as well.
It comes with a high grade whistle and thus the entire steaming process is hassle free. No doubt, it is one of the best idli makers and steamers.
Warranty – Best Idli Maker in India (iBell Idli Maker)
Pros – Best Idli Maker in India (iBell Idli Maker)
- Warranty upto 12 months.
- Can be used on both gas stove and induction
- Stainless steel
- Good capacity
- Energy efficient
Cons – Best Idli Maker in India (iBell Idli Maker)
- Body is not sturdy enough
This idli maker is perfect for a family of 4-6 people. It is extremely user friendly and highly energy efficient which makes it an apt pick for anyone looking for a long lasting idli maker.
5. Alisha Italia Stainless Steel All in One - Best Idli Makers in India
This best idli maker is known for its elegant design and hence its presence adds charm to your kitchen.The stainless steel pot is quite sturdy and can be used for multiple purposes. It is easy to clean and handle. It is rust resistant and very hygienic to use.
This all in one contains 3 Idli plates, 1 Dholka plate and one streamer plate. From idli to dhokla, you can prepare multiple delicacies at home using this appliance. It is compatible to work on both gas stoves and induction cooktops. Its energy saving technology makes it a top contender in the list.
There is no warranty given on this product and that could be little saddening. No doubt, it is a top choice for those who want to reap the most of the benefits in one time investment
Warranty – Best Idli Maker in India (Alisha Italia Stainless Steel)
Pros – Best Idli Maker in India (Alisha Italia Stainless Steel)
- Stainless steel body
- Rust resistant and hygienic to use
- Easy to clean, low maintenance
- Energy saving
- Can be used to cook multiple delicacies
Cons – Best Idli Maker in India (Alisha Italia Stainless Steel)
- No warranty period.
- The shape of the pot and plates could have been better.
- The lid tends to open while in use and can be a matter of concern.
This idli maker can be a great purchase for nuclear families, students living as paid guests, bachelors and groups of friends. Since it is a multiway idli maker, it is a great choice.
6. Amazon Brand – Solimo Stainless Steel Induction Bottom Multi Kadai - Best Idli Makers in India
One of Amazon’s top creation Solimo Stainless Induction is one of the best idli makers. The product is known to run for a long time. Also, this best idli maker is designed to use on both induction and gas stove. It is a multi purpose kadai and thus various delicacies such as idli, dhoklas can be prepared right at your home. It is easy and safe to use.
The body is made up of good quality stainless steel which is rust resistant. It is strong and durable and hence be a part of your daily cooking regime. There are 2 idli plates, 2 dhokla/ momo plates, 1 pathra plate and hence versatile in nature. There is no warranty on the product
Bajaj being a leading one of the leading brands in India, there are no second thoughts about its reliability, durability, and efficiency. This sleek pedestal fan comes equipped with a remote and a control panel on the mount. To improve the air dispersion with little to no noise, the blades are made with acrylic. Bajaj 55-Watts Pedestal Fan with remote price in India ranges around 3k.
The motor bears a 1300 rpm, and it consumes about 55 Watts of electricity. The fan is affordable, low on maintenance and the best pedestal fan in India.
Warranty – Best Idli Maker in India (Amazon Brand – Solimo Stainless Steel)
Pros – Best Idli Maker in India (Amazon Brand – Solimo Stainless Steel)
- Multipurpose cooking – versatility
- Stainless steel body
- Can be used on daily basis
- Can be used on both induction and gas stove
- User friendly- easy to use and clean
Cons – Best Idli Maker in India (Amazon Brand – Solimo Stainless Steel)
- The handles are not made up of good quality
- No warranty given on the product
- Little expensive when compared to its competitors
It is a great choice for the people who are looking for maximum benefits in low investment. Moreover, there are different varieties of plates available, and hence it is the best all rounder idli maker in india.
7. Luxuria Idli Pot & Steamer - Best Idli Makers in India
This best idli maker is known for its best performance. It is very compact and perfectly suits the needs of a small Indian family. Luxuria’s idli maker is made up of stainless steel which is corrosion resistant and has a higher shelf life. It comes with 3 idli plates with 7 idli spaces on each. Thus 21 idlis can be served at one time. It is easy to handle and clean and is extremely user friendly.
This best idli maker for home can only be used on an LPG stove and is not compatible with induction cooktops. The quality of the pot and handles is great. The product does not have any warranty. According to customer reviews, it is one of the best idli makers online.
Warranty – Best Idli Maker in India (Luxuria Idli Pot)
Pros – Best Idli Maker in India (Luxuria Idli Pot)
- Good quality build up
- Multi utility
- Compact, less space occupancy
- Non-melting and heat resistant handles & knobs
Cons – Best Idli Maker in India (Luxuria Idli Pot)
- No warranty given
- Not meant to use on induction cooktop
- Little expensive
This is a very ideal idli maker for large indian families. 21 idlis can be prepared at once and thus, if you are someone who loves to eat south indian and also call over guests to get togethers, then this is ideal for you.
Buying Guide - Idli Maker in India
Best idli makers are designed and manufactured by various reputed companies in India. Every company claims to offer the state of art features. But that makes it difficult for the buyers to pick the one which is most suitable for them. This buying section deals in detail on how to purchase the best idli maker
What is Idli Maker?
Best Idli maker is a specially designed cooker which helps to steam the idli batter. The best Idli maker is a combination of cooker and plates with hollow circles in it. It is in these hollow circles , the fermented batter is put. Then the stove is turned on and the batter is allowed to steam.
In the market, there are two types of best idli makers. One with whistle and one without whistle. By buying the one with a whistle will alert you as soon the idli is steamed and ready. There’s no fuss and tension whether the idlis will burn or get under/ over cooked.
On the other hand, the idli maker without whistle needs your monitoring. You need to have an eye on the cooker. There are small holes present on whistle-less cookers that let the excess steam escape.
Types of Idli Maker:
Versatility is the need of our generation. We want things to come handy in multiple activities. Old conventional best idli makers were just meant to make idlis. New age idli makers are equipped to steam and cook dhoklas, momos, cake and vegetables as well. Here is a list of types of best idli makers available in the market.
- Microwave Idli Maker – The Microwave Idli maker is made up of ceramic or plastic, but can only be used in a microwave.
2.The process of steaming can be monitored easily by the sound produced.
1.Compatible only with microwave
2.Idlis aren’t as fluffy as the ones made in an idli cooker.
- Induction Cum Gas Idli Maker – This idli maker can be used on both induction cooktop and normal gas stove.
1.User friendly, high performance rate
2.Two in one- Induction & Gas
- Induction Idli Maker – Induction Idli maker can only be used on an induction cooktop and not on conventional gas stoves.
- Portable- can be taken to smaller outings
- Suitable for a family with less members.
- You need to have an induction to use this.
- You need to have an induction to use this.
- Conventional Idli Maker – Conventional Idli Makers are the normal, conventional idli makers which are made up of aluminium and are used to gas stoves. They come with and without whistles.
- Easy to cook
- Softer and fluffy idlis
- Simple mechanism – user friendly
- High maintenance
- Microwave Idli Maker – The Microwave Idli maker is made up of ceramic or plastic, but can only be used in a microwave.
How to choose an Idli Maker
Buying the best idli maker which best suits your needs and fits in the budget needs little research. To choose the best idli maker for home, there are many things to consider.
First of all, be clear about which kind of idli maker you should buy. There are different types of best idli maker brands in the market. Next fix the budget.
It is important to keep in mind the number of people present in your family. On the basis of that you have to choose the number of plates and the number of circles on the plates.
Read customer reviews and ratings of best idli makers. Make a list of products which give the maximum facilities in the same budget.
Important elements which are essential to analyze the product
There are important elements to look for in the best idli maker to make the right purchase. Those are:
- Number of Plates – The number of plates in the best idli maker machine varies from one brand to another. Usually, there are 2 to 6 plates provided. Each plate contains 4 to 6 provisions in the idli stand. If you have a family of 3 to 4 people, then buy the best idli maker with 4 or fewer plates. Medium to the large size of the family should always go for the maximum number of plates
- Material – Best Idli maker is commonly made of stainless steel and aluminium. The aluminum idli makers are cheaper than that of steel. Though both are great, choose the one which you feel is more durable. Make sure that the idli plate should not be thin.
- With or without whistle – There are two types of idli makers, one with the whistle and one without a whistle. Idli makers that come with a whistle easily alert you when idli is ready with the help of whistling sound. Idli makers without a whistle need manual check during the process to avoid overcooking.
- Versatility – Idli makers are versatile these days. These days Multi-purpose idli makers are trending. They not only cook idlis but also food like momos, vegetables, idli dhokla, etc. Also few idli makers can be used with an induction cooktop while some with a gas stove.
- Quality & warranty – Quality and warranty of the product are the factors to check first. Always purchase from a reputed brand which provides quality goods and has been in the marker for a few years. The warranty ranges from approximately 6 months up to 2 years. Check the warranty period before buying.
- Cost – One of the important factors to consider while purchasing is cost. Cost depends on one’s personal budget. Always compare the cost of Idli Makers at various websites, do thorough research and then purchase the product.
- Brand – There are various best idli makers brands in india. Again, we suggest you read customer reviews about the brands and their products, ask your friends and family and then make a purchase.
- Plate size – Different brands offer different plate sizes. Usually there are two options, the regular size and the mini size. If you want both, then will have separately purchase the one which isn’t provided in the idli maker you are purchasing.
How does Idli Maker work
Idli maker is an appliance which helps to prepare mouth watery idlis at your home. Using an idli maker is an easy task. The steps to use best idli maker are as follows:
- Prepare the batter before you are using the idli maker
- Take the idli maker pot, put a little amount of water in it. We put water so that the lower surface of the pot is not burnt.
- Take the idli plates and fill the batter fully in the hollow circles.
- Stack the idli plates one after the other on the main idli stand.
- Ensure that they stand straight and screw them tightly.
- Place them into the idli maker pot. Water should not reach the idli stand. If it does, remove the excess water.
- Then place the lid tight on top.
- Leave the idli maker on the stove for about 15 minutes.
- After15 minutes leave the idlis cool down for sometime.
- Fluffy, delicious idlis are ready to eat!
Tips for using an Idli Maker:
Using the best idli maker in the right way will help it work smoothly for a very long time. Making idli batter and maintaining idli maker requires little effort.
Always clean the cooker and the stands right away after the use. Proper cleaning and drying of the appliance is necessary.
Keep an eye on the idli maker during the process. Do not let the idlis overcook.
Make sure that the lid is rightly and tightly placed. If not, then the pressure build up can burst off the cooker.
Put enough water in the pot before placing the idli stands. This will prevent the bottom surface of the pot from being burnt.
Advantages of using an Idli Maker:
There are many advantages to the best idli maker.
Delicious and mouth watery idlis can be cooked at home right away, whenever you want to. Though it is an one investment on the idli maker, it can come handy at multiple times.
If you buy a multi utility idli maker, then you can cook various other foods like cake, momos, dhoklas along with idlis.
Learning how to use an idli maker is not difficult. It is user friendly and consumes less time. All the time spent in travelling to a restaurant, waiting for the idlis to come, and money spent on fuel is saved.
Drawbacks of using an Idli Maker:
Idli makers do not have many disadvantages. A few difficulties that you might come across using idli makers would be during cleaning the pot and the stands.Other than that, you have to keep an eye on the pot during the process. Best Idli makers need high maintenance and requires cautious use.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions for Best Idli Maker in India
Conclusion - Best Idli Maker in India
In this article, we have talked about 7 Best Idli makers in india to buy in 2020, which are popular and loved by the customers.
Apart from that we have given a detailed buying guide which highlights all the factors you have to look for before buying the best idli maker.
The FAQ section answers the queries which arise in your mind before the purchase.
Since now you have become aware about the Best Idli Maker in India, pick the right one which fits your budget and comes along with all the features you are looking for.
We hope that we helped you get awareness and help you make the right decision. If you have any doubts, please feel free to ask.
I am a breaking journalist for NewsFlurry in London, covering Europe and the U.S. Beforehand I was a correspondent for HuffPost UK, the Press Association, and a night journalist at the Guardian. I considered Social Anthropology at the London School of Economics, where I was an essayist and proofreader for one of the college’s worldwide issues magazines, the London Globalist. That drove me to Goldsmiths, University of London, where I finished my M.A. in Journalism. Got a story?