7 Best Steam Iron in India
Table of Contents
Having crisp, ironed clothes can make all the difference. The best way to get this done is with a steam iron.
They are leagues ahead of regular irons in terms of raw power and efficiency. For this reason, it is always a great idea to have one.
Picking the right one amongst all the options available however, may be rather difficult, with all the things that are to be considered. So in this article, we have compiled a list of “7 Best Steam Iron in India” with in-depth research all you’ll need to know before getting the right steam iron for you.
Best Steam Iron in India
|Check Price Here
|Philips GC3811/80 Steam Iron
|Steam Glide plus
|Check Price Here
|Philips GC1905 Steam Iron
|Check Price Here
|Black & Decker BD BXIR2202IN Steam Iron
|Check Price Here
|Morphy Richards Steam Iron
|Check Price Here
|Inalsa Titanium Steam Iron
|Check Price Here
|Havells Magnum 1840-Watt Steam Iron
|Check Price Here
|Eveready SI1400 Steam Iron
|Check Price Here
Factors to consider before choosing the Best Steam Iron in India
Before buying the best steam iron in India you need to consider various factors through which you can better understand your products specification.
So here they are:
- Cord – The length and durability of the curve is an important thing that must be considered.
- Weight – How heavy the iron is affects its usability and therefore, it is important that it be considered.
- Plate Size – The larger plate size, the quicker you will be done as more area is covered. This can also cause issues with smaller areas of clothes.
- Wattage – The higher the wattage, the faster it heats up, but it costs more energy consumption and overheating is an issue.
- Setting Variable – There are different types of materials we clothe ourselves in and different levels of heating are required for them. Therefore this is a valuable setting to have.
As there are several things that you must consider before buying the best steam iron in India, you might find yourself overwhelmed by all the options out there.
That is why we have compiled this list for you.
This comprehensive list tells you what you have to consider and what our best picks in this sector are. So jump right in and find the best steam iron in India!
Best Steam Iron in India: Reviews
1. Philips GC3811/80 Azur Performer Steam Iron – Best Steam Iron in India
Being a 2400W device, the Azur Performer Plus steam iron heats up quickly and gives a powerful performance to deliver wonderful results. As per the market trends Philips GC3811/80 Azur Performer Steam Iron is probably the best steam Iron in India.
With a continuous steam output of up to 40 g/min, it is a device that can give you the perfect amount of steam to efficiently remove all creases. It also has a steam boost feature that allows you to easily take care of vertical steaming. Weighing just enough to give your clothes a perfect press while being easily maneuverable, this being one of the best vertical steam iron in India, is a great product.
Bearing several notable features besides this, Philips GC3811/80 Azur Performer Steam Iron is a really great product and definitely worth the money. Phillips is one of the best brands for steam iron in India. This product could be the perfect do and definitely one of the best steam iron in India with a price around 6000 rupees.
Warranty – Best Steam Iron in India (Philips GC3811)
Pros – Best Steam Iron in India (Philips GC3811)
- Long Cord
- Temperature Controls
- Active Anti calc technology which allows you to remove excess calcium formed.
Cons – Best Steam Iron in India (Philips GC3811)
- No Auto cut off feature meaning the electricity will not cut off at high temperatures.
As this product is so versatile that it is considered as one of the best steam iron in India. Great for families and households, provided you are careful as there is No auto cut off feature. If you have a slightly higher budget, this is ideal for you. It is a device with vertical steam capability. It is a very high quality device that is very flexible with its long cord and perfect for a variety of fabrics with their temperature control.
2. Philips GC1905 Steam Iron – Best Steam Iron in India
In our list of “ 7 Best Steam Iron in India” Philips GC1905 Steam Iron is another option for you. It is a device that is perfect for you if you are on a tight budget. It is well designed and has very good looks. The device is extremely lightweight making it easy to maneuver.
It has a good rate of steam expulsion and is definitely capable of satiating all your ironing needs. With great power efficiency, this device will definitely help you save on electricity consumption. You can easily adjust the temperature settings, making it suitable for a variety of fabrics. Having all these features make this product the best steam iron in India
Moreover, the aluminium soleplate it bears will definitely help you keep your clothes free from damage. 180 ml is not a lot of tank space, but this capacity is definitely sufficient to take care of all your major needs.
Loaded with latest features, the Philips GC1905 Steam Iron is definitely one of the best steam iron in India under 2000 rupees. With features like steam burst, its rapid process and so on, you can definitely count on this product.
Warranty – Best Steam Iron in India (Philips GC1905)
Pros – Best Steam Iron in India (Philips GC1905)
- It is Lightweight (1kg)
- Easy water refilling allows you to fill water easily
- Power efficient, meaning it won’t be too expensive to run.
Cons – Best Steam Iron in India (Philips GC1905)
- Water leakage issues exist.
It is a versatile device. Great for families and households, provided you are careful as there are Water leakage issues. It is one of the best steam iron in India under the range of 2000. It is very light and power efficient, meaning that if you are looking for maneuverability and energy savings, this is for you.
3. Black & Decker BD BXIR2202IN Steam Iron- Best Steam Iron in India
In our list of “7 Best Steam Iron in India” We chose The Black & Decker BD BXIR2202IN Steam Iron on top 3 position as this product is truly amazing. This is a feature rich product that comes with several cool features. With its Anti-drip feature which stops dripping of water and the Steam burst and spray function that can prove to be very useful.
This is a 2200W device. The Ceramic coated soleplate it bears and an anti-calc function it comes with are very handy. It has a Self-clean feature that helps save your time. The large water tank that it has comes with a capacity of about 380ml of water and is capable of Vertical steam.
Equipped with a swivel cord, and weighing about 1.4 kilograms, this device is very maneuverable. It bears an system that allows you to adjust temperatures, meaning that it is great for a variety of fabrics. With two steam modes, a regular with 35g/min and a boosted dispersion of 90g/min, this device is very versatile.
Equipped with so many features this is definitely one of the best steam iron in India Under the range of 2500.
Warranty – Best Steam Iron in India (Black & Decker)
Pros – Best Steam Iron in India (Black & Decker)
- It comes equipped with a Long Cord
- Vertical Steam feature makes it great for steam drying
- Anti Drip Feature
Cons – Best Steam Iron in India (Black & Decker)
- Heavy in weight
Although it is a little heavy product but it is still a good option for family and households purpose, even bachelors and students. Under the range of 2500, this product is well-equipped that makes it worth each penny. It has a long cord and is one of the best steam iron in India. It can be useful if you are clumsy with features like anti drip and it is sturdy with its long cord.
4. Morphy Richards Steam Iron – Best Steam Iron in India
This stellar Morphy Richards product has 46 steam vents for efficiency. It comes equipped with a Diamond and ceramic coated soleplate. With the Turbo boost feature that disperses 150g/min of steam, it is definitely a device that can be very efficient. Bearing a 350ml water tank this device is definitely very capable of storing an ample amount of water.
Morphy Richards being the best steam iron brands in India, is equipped with Self-clean technology and uses 2000 watts of energy. With its 360 Degree Swivel Cord and weighing only about 1.4 kilograms, it definitely glides across fabrics with ease. It is definitely one of the best standing steam iron in India.
This is definitely something you can consider buying if you are on budget. It comes under the 2000 rupees range and one could argue that it is the most cheap and best steam iron in India.
Warranty – Best Steam Iron in India (Morphy Richards Steam Iron)
Pros – Best Steam Iron in India (Morphy Richards Steam Iron)
- Has Vertical steam
- It Has Self-clean feature
- Has Higher number of steam vents on the soleplate
Cons – Best Steam Iron in India (Morphy Richards Steam Iron)
- Heavy in weight
It is great for families and households, even bachelors and students. If you are on a tight budget, this is perfect for you. With its self clean feature it is ideal for you if you do not have a lot of time to spend on maintenance. This is from a great company. Arguably, it is the cheapest and best steam iron in India when it comes to cost and value comparison.
5. Inalsa Titanium Steam Iron – Best Steam Iron in India
Insala is not a very popular brand in India. However, it does make some truly amazing products. And that is why we listed Inalsa Titanium Steam Iron under the best steam iron in India. This amazing product has Vertical steam which makes it very handy. It also has an Anti-drip function which boosts its safety immensely. The Self clean and anti-calc feature makes it a lot more efficient. Insala also added a temperature and steam control feature for better results with your fabrics.
The device bears an Ergonomic design, making it easy to use/ Equipped with a wide titanium soleplate for better ironing and greater surface area coverage. It even has a Steam spray feature and Utilizes 2000 watts of power. In the category of vertical irons, this product can be considered as the best steam iron in India.
It is a feature rich product that is definitely worth every penny you spend on it. In summation, this device is a great steam iron with useful features that will allow you to have fast, accurate ironing and is also extremely easy to operate. Having all these features make the product the best vertical steam iron in India.
Warranty – Best Steam Iron in India (Inalsa Titanium)
Pros – Best Steam Iron in India (Inalsa Titanium)
- Has Powerful steam bursts and steam spray.
- Has Vertical steam
- Has Temperature control
Cons – Best Steam Iron in India (Inalsa Titanium)
- Build quality
Insala is not a particularly well known brand in India. Their products are good for families and even bachelors. It has vertical steam which is great for bachelors in a rush. In the category of vertical irons, this product can be considered as the best steam iron in India. With its temperature control, you can use it on a variety of fabrics and thereby it is perfect if you have a wide array of clothes differing in material.
6. Havells Magnum 1840-Watt Steam Iron – Best Steam Iron in India
Havells is one of the most known and trusted brands in India. The Havells Magnum 1840-Watt Steam Iron is a product that comes with a Self Cleaning Capability, making it very efficient. The Anti Drip feature makes it very safe to use. It has Non-Stick soleplate and Vertical team burst which are very useful and the best rated steam iron in India.
With its Anti-sedimentation or scaling and soft Grip, it is long lasting and ergonomically pleasing. This is a device that consumes 1840 Watts. The device bears a 300 ml tank which is more than capable of storing enough water. It is equipped with adjustable temperature controls, making it suitable for any sort of fabric.
The Havells Magnum 1840-Watt Steam Iron will give you smooth ironing with its non-stick soleplate. It weighs about 1.38 kilograms and is a truly amazing device. With its smaller weight, it is one of the best portable steam iron in India.
Warranty – Best Steam Iron in India (Havells Magnum)
Pros – Best Steam Iron in India (Havells Magnum)
- Consumes only 1840 watts
- Has variable steam functionality
- Good Grip
Cons – Best Steam Iron in India (Havells Magnum)
- Pressure of steam is not that great
This is a device that is suitable for several types of needs. It is relatively light and is very energy efficient at 1840 watts of consumption. It has a good grip which is great for the maneuverability. It has a great capacity tank for water. It is perfect for families and bachelors. It is not too expensive and a perfect fit under the best steam iron in India.
7. Eveready SI1400 Steam Iron -Best Steam Iron in India
Eveready is a brand most Indians are familiar with.The Eveready SI1400 Steam Iron With its non-stick soleplate and Inbuilt overheat protection, is a great device with which to end this list. It consumes just 1400 watts of power. It is the best steam iron in India under 1000, being as close to that budget as possible. The device has variable steam control and is equipped with Spray & Steam Function and Self-Cleaning Functions.
It has a 360 degree swivel technology and an adjustable Thermostat, making it a very versatile and easy to maintain device. The latest technology used in this product makes it the best steam iron in India. It has a Spray and steam burst function which allows for it to have more functionality. With its non-stick soleplate and heating indicator light, it is a very safe device. It comes with a1.8 mtr. Cord length, making it very convenient.
With a powerful Burst Steam and Vertical Steam function and soft grip handle, it is a truly amazing device. It is definitely one of the best steam iron prices in India.
Warranty – Best Steam Iron in India (Eveready SI1400)
Pros – Best Steam Iron in India (Eveready SI1400)
- Has Steam spray function
- Has Adjustable thermostat
- Has Flexible swiveling power cord
Cons – Best Steam Iron in India (Eveready SI1400)
- Water leakage
This device is very flexible. It is great for families and households, even bachelors and students. With its flexible swiveling power cord, it has great range and maneuverability. The device has an adjustable thermostat, meaning that you can use it for a variety of fabrics. It is definitely one of the best steam iron in India for the price.
Buying Guide – Best Steam Iron in India
Getting the perfect steam iron in India is not an easy task. There are several things that ought to be considered. This can make it hard to get the best steam iron in India. That is where this buying guide comes in. There are different types of steam iron, there are different reasons to consider each type. There are many options available and each of these come with a different set of features. Therefore it is important that you consider the factors mentioned below
Types of steam iron:
If you are trying to find the best steam iron in India, you need to know the kinds that are available. Steam irons are divided into 3 main categories. They are mentioned below.
- Conventional Steam Irons – These produce a small amount of hot steam that can be very effective in removing wrinkles and iron the fabric.They use normal tap water for making steam. These are devices that can produce an adequate amount of steam that will help you get the best experience when it comes to ironing your clothes.
- Steam Ironing Systems – These kinds of irons have a constant flow of steam in high-pressure volumes. They are bulky and take a lot of time to heat up. They have good steam production, this iron will remove any and all wrinkles on any fabric.
- Cordless Irons – As the name suggests, these don’t have a power cord. Often, they are not impressive in terms of performance.However, they are compact and great if you are travelling somewhere as they can be taken with you. They come with rechargeable batteries.It will require an entirely different article to say which best cordless steam iron in India or best portable steam iron in India
Difference between steam iron and dry iron
Steam irons and Dry irons have their own respective pros and cons. Choosing between them may be a little difficult, depending on what you are looking for.
There are water tanks in steam irons. This is for the steam, but it can lead to leask. This is avoided with dry irons.
Steam irons allow you to use water to better remover creases. This is not applicable in dry irons.
Steam irons on average cot a little more than dry irons. Choosing the one that is best for you is subjective. These are some of the main concerns, so use them to figure out what is best for you.
How to choose the best steam iron in India?
There are several considerations one must make before picking the best steam iron in India. Before finding the right option for you, you must analyse all the options that are available.
This can be a rather difficult task to perform with the sheer number of options that are available in today’s day and age. Fortunately for you we have compiled a list of factors to consider before making this choice that will really streamline this process.
So read on to find out how to buy the best steam iron in India that is perfect for you
- Water Tank Capacity: This is another consideration you have to make. The more water it can store suely means less amount of refuelling, but it can definitely add a lot to weight. It’s a trade off you have to make. Before buying do check the product review that if the water tank doesn’t have a leakage issue.
- Amount of Steam: The amount of steam that can be produced is variable depending on the device. The amount of water it can convert to steam at once depends on the device. This is another important feature to consider while purchasing the best steam iron in India as it determines how quickly you can steam iron any device. Maximum amount of steam production is always preferred. This allows you to iron even dry and heavy garments with relative ease.
- Number of Steam Vents: This is an important consideration you have to make. This affects the flow of steam to your garments. It’s best to have more vents to evenly distribute the steam. Some of the best steam iron in India has a greater number of vents for this reason.
- Sole Plate Type: Wider bases can cover more area faster and have more vents. Having the pointy ends help access the tough to reach spots. The material it is made of affects longevity and time taken to heat up. When buying the best steam iron in India, you should know three main types of Sole Plate.
- Aluminium – This is a light material that is quick to carry heat.
- Ceramic – This is heavier but has a more even spread of heat.
- Stainless steel – This is a material that is very durable. They are corrosion free and scratch resistant as well. Some of the best steam iron in India usually have ceramic or stainless steel soleplate for easy gliding.
- Weight: The heavier it is the harder it is in terms of flexibility, but if it is too light, it will require more pressure and force exerted to iron your clothes. This is a trade off you have to make. However, if you are looking for a portable iron then you should go for iron who have less weight.
- Auto Shut Off: This is an important safety feature. You may occasionally forget to turn off the iron. This can damage the iron, your clothes and a whole lot more. With this feature, it turns off automatically, preventing all that damage. Some of the best steam iron in India bear this feature as an extra precautionary measure.
- Temperature Settings: All fabrics react differently to heat. With this in mind, changeable temperature settings are very useful. Use the appropriate heat for your fabric for best results. In the hunt for the best steam Iron in India, do check this feature. This could save your clothes from getting overheated.
- Cord Length: If you are using a corded iron, having a longer length of coil can be amazing. This is ideal if you iron not too close to your plug point. It adds to your flexibility. This is always a desirable feature. On average, most steam irons have about 3 feet of length though some may have lengths upto 6 feet. When researching for the best steam iron in India, do check the cord length.
- Wattage: Higher wattage can lead to faster heating up of the iron. This can help if you’re short on time. However, this can lead to a boosted power bill and overheating as well. A device that takes up at least 1800 watts is ideal for all needs and purposes.
- Heating Time for Soleplate: Time is everything. If your device takes too long to heat up that can mean trouble. Time required for heating is hence an important consideration.
- Anti Calc Feature: When the water in the tank is converted to steam, there are chances of byproduct produced that clogs the vents.This can lead to problems as the vents will be blocked, leading to lack in steam production. This can lead to damage in the device. This feature helps avoid that. You can remove all the calcium formed and maintain your device for longer.
- Anti-Drip Design: Water dripping from the tank can be annoying. Anti drip design implies that the device is built such that you can avoid the dripping of water due to the feature. With this, you will not have to deal with drips caused by the water tank being full. Essentially, when the temperature of your iron is not enough to create steam, the supply of water is cut off automatically to avoid formation of any drips from the soleplate.
- Handles and Controls: This deals with the comfort aspect. If it is not comfortable to handle, it can cause all sorts of issues for you. Therefore paying attention to this can be useful. Some of the best steam iron in India are designed to be comfortable to use.
- Price: In the hunt for the best steam iron in India, Budget friendly is a feature that matters a lot to most of us. Finding a balance between cost and features is always important and this is entirely dependent on you.
How to clean a steam iron box tank?
Despite features like an anti-cal system and self-cleaning systems, cleaning the tank of your steam iron once in a while to remove any stubborn mineral or other deposits is important. Even the best steam iron in India needs maintenance. This is how you do it
- For cleaning a steam iron, you must acquire certain items like pure vinegar, distilled water, metal tray and dry cloth.
- First off, start by pouring vinegar into the water tank until it reaches the quarter level of the water tank. Then you must turn the temperature to the medium setting.
- Now, Spray and iron any dry cloth until the water tank is left empty.
- After this, fill the water tank again with distilled water till it is completely filled.
- Repeat the process and spray and iron the cloth again several times, leaving enough water in the tank for completing the final step.
- Finally, hold the steam iron at some distance and spray to release the steam on the metal tray until the water tank is empty. Do this until the water tank is completely dry.
How to clean a steam iron plate?
The steam iron plate of even the best steam iron in India can get messy. This can be cleaned in the following ways:
- Salt Method – Pour salt on a cotton towel or paper and iron it with the steam option turned off. This will help keep the plate smooth and remove dirt.
- Damp Cloth Method- Soak a cloth in water or vinegar (depending on how tough the stains are) and wring out the excess. With the steam iron at a low temperature and wipe it with this cloth. Then using a cotton swab, you can remove dirt in steam holes.
- Baking Soda Method – First, form a paste by combining baking soda and water. Apply the paste for 30 seconds and wipe it off.
How to clean and remove sticky residue from steam iron sole plate?
Sticky residue can be removed by following these steps:
- Create a slurry mixture of warm water and baking soda
- Rub this onto the soleplate using appropriate tools.
- Wipe it off with a clean fabric
- Repeat process until soleplate is clean
- Pour out the water in the tank and replace with distilled water. At high temperature, spray out the water till empty, thus clearing the vents.
Precautions of cleaning the steam iron
Even the best steam iron in India will need some sort of maintenance and these are some tips to keep in mind when cleaning your device.
- Be careful of the temperature – Do not attempt to clean the iron when it is too hot as this can cause severe damage to you.
- Materials used – the materials used for cleaning should be clean and appropriate so as to not cause any reactions that may damage your iron.
- Do not poke things into the vent – In attempts to clear the vents do not push things into them as this can cause severe damage to your device.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions for Best Steam Iron in India
Which is the best steam iron in India?
The best steam iron in India is a very subjective question. There are several great options available and choosing the right one for you can be difficult. The list above shows our top picks for the best steam irons in India. We advise that you make use of it to make sure you find the best iron for you.
What is currently the best iron box in India?
The best steam iron in India is a very subjective question. THere are several great options available and choosing the right one for you can be difficult.
The list above shows our top picks for the best steam irons in India. We advise that you make use of it to make sure you find the best iron for you. Philips GC1905 Steam Iron is one of the best steam iron in India and that is something you should check out for sure.
What is the best iron for home use?
The best steam iron in India is a very subjective question. There are several great options available and choosing the right one for you can be difficult. These can have several different uses. The list above shows our top picks for the best steam irons in India. We advise that you make use of it to make sure you find the best iron for you. Philips GC3811/80 Azur Performer Steam Iron is a good option in general and is one of our top picks.
Can steam irons also be used for dry ironing?
Yes, they can be used. Steam irons are versatile in their use and can be used for many things. Some of the best steam iron in India are devices that can be used in many different ways.Choose the one that is right for your requirements by reading the guide given above.
How do I use the vertical steam?
These are produced when the temperature is very high. They are ideal for when your clothes are hanging. Just set up your iron to a high temperature, hold it vertical against the fabric and gently glide over the fabric. This will lead to wrinkless fabric.
How to avoid water leakage from the iron?
This can be avoided by not filling water too high in the tank. It can also be avoided by keeping it upright when not in use. Do not plug it in when filling water. Some irons come with anti drip features. So you can have an iron built like this.
How long should a steam iron last?
It depends on the product. A good steam iron can last for a very long time if it is maintained well enough. It depends on usage and the company.
Can I leave water in a steam iron?
You can do this, however it is best you clear the water regularly to avoid formation of algae and such. Build up of water can cause algae formation which is not ideal .
Conclusion – Best Steam Iron in India
In conclusion, buying a steam iron is definitely a good idea. It is a very good investment.
It can leave you with well pressed clothes and can help you immensely. A good steam iron can help you look very well groomed.
When it comes to buying a good steam iron, there are several factors you have to consider. You have a lot of options available and therefore it can definitely lead to a lot of confusion when it comes to which is the best steam iron in India.
Therefore, this guide is a very helpful resource. Within it, we tell you what you should look for, some cool tips and even some of our favorite picks. We hope that all of this will help you find the perfect steam iron.