7 Best Mosquito Killer Lamps in India
7 Best Mosquito Killer Lamps in India
Table of Contents
Nobody likes mosquitoes. They can be quite irritating and potentially dangerous. With their annoying noises and bites that can potentially transmit deadly diseases like dengue and malaria, they are definitely pests we all wish to exterminate.
There are a wide variety of methods available commercially that allow you to exterminate mosquitoes.. However, repellents can be harmful, especially for those with issues like asthma, and nets can be rather inconvenient and expensive.
That’s where Mosquito Killer Lamps come in. If you are trying to kill mosquitoes in an inexpensive and safe way, these are for you.
These devices come in several varieties and this guide will help you pick the one that is right for you.
Best Mosquito Killer Lamps in India
Factors to consider before choosing the Best Mosquito Killer Lamps in India
- Area – Each device will have a specific range which it can cover. Therefore, it is essential to check out the area of coverage of your product before you decide to purchase it.
- Mode of Action – There are several types of machines that are available commercially. Some may work on chemical action and some on electricity. Knowing this is important.
- Ease of Use – Simplicity is always better. It is ideal to know how your device works before purchasing it so that you can make the most of all of the features it has.
- Safety – Each device comes with different sets of safety measures. Be it an electrical machine or a machine that uses something like Carbon Monoxide, there are different safety procedures that must be followed.
- Warranty – Buying a device with warranty is always recommended as it allows you to get your device repaired or replaced if it ceases to function.
Besides these factors, there are several other things that you should take into consideration when trying to buy the best mosquito killer lamp.
If you want to buy a mosquito killer lamp that is best suited for you, the following guide will be extremely helpful. We have compiled this list with what we believe are the best mosquito killer lamps in India. So read on and find the best mosquito killer lamp for you
Best Mosquito Killer Lamps in India: Reviews
1. Hygiene 40W Jumbo Flying Insect Killer - Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India
The Hygiene Jumbo Flying Insect Killer is a device that will help you completely get rid of annoying insects and disease carrying bugs in no time. It is a machine that does not consume a lot of power and is completely free of any sort of chemicals. It is completely safe to use indoors as it is free from any chemicals.
The machine has great build quality and will definitely last for a long time. It is a 40 W device and provides a massive area of coverage of up to 3000 sq ft. It is ideal for both residential and commercial purposes. It is a UV type mosquito trap and weighs only 6Kg. It is easy to install and rather convenient to move. It is travel friendly.
Warranty – Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India (Hygiene 40W)
Pros – Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India (Hygiene 40W)
It is a light weight machine
It has a large coverage area
Spare parts are easy to avail
Cons – Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India (Hygiene 40W)
It is a bulky device
It is a bit expensive
This is a great device. It is ideal for home use as well outdoor use. It is easy to move around. It is great for larger areas, so if you need a device for a bigger space, this device is for you.
2. ZIGMA Metal 20W Electric Bug Zapper & Fly Catcher - Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India
The ZIGMA Metal Bug Zapper & Fly Catcher is a very convenient and easy to use mosquito killer that is designed to spread its light in all the directions so as to attract bugs for quick extermination. It has a very unique and elegant design.This device is perfect for usage in a lot of settings, like homes, offices, restaurants and so on.
This mosquito killer is a very eco-friendly device. It does not consume an excessive amount of power. It has a convenient tray at the bottom. This helps in collecting the insects that have been exterminated by the device. This tray can easily be removed and cleaned after disposing of the bugs. However, it is recommended that you make sure that you do not touch the grid of the machine while it is on as it might lead to getting an electric shock. It is a UV light mosquito trap that weighs only 2.5 KG. It has a range of 800 sq ft.
Warranty – Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India (ZIGMA Metal 20W)
Pros – Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India (ZIGMA Metal 20W)
It is light and easy to carry
It has a tray at the bottom
Cons – Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India (ZIGMA Metal 20W)
- It is effective mostly in dark areas
This device is recommended for indoor use. It is very light weight and aesthetic structure so it is great for homes, offices and small restaurants. It can be moved around easily. It is easy to clean as well.
3. ADTALA Standard LED Mosquito Killer - Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India
The Adtala Standard is an Eco-Friendly Mosquito killer trap lamp. It comes with a 365 nanometer LED photocatalyst UV ray that is very effective in attracting insects towards it. It has a cyclone that is generated in the machine that sucks in and traps the mosquitoes. The mosquito box of this trap is shaped like a funnel and that ensures that the mosquitoes do not escape.
The lamp is capable of functioning as a USB powered mosquito killer lamp so you can easily plug it in and power it using a mobile power bank or even with your computer. It is low in noise, emits no sort of radiation or toxic gases and is completely chemical-free. This makes it safe to use around pets and children. It is extremely light and can cover an area of over 600 sq. ft.
Warranty – Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India (ADTALA Mosquito Killer)
Pros – Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India (ADTALA Mosquito Killer)
It is small and easy to carry
It is very affordable
Noise and chemical free
Cons – Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India (ADTALA Mosquito Killer)
- Does not come with any warranty
It is an ideal device for a home or bedroom set up. It is very convenient to transport because of its small size and it is very easy to clean. It is ideal for families and households or office spaces.
4. ISABELLA Eco Friendly Electronic LED Mosquito Killer - Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India
The ISABELLA Mosquito Killer is an effective mosquito killer trap that releases an Ultra Violet wave of light of 365nm which is ideal for attracting mosquitoes. As soon as the mosquito approaches the lamp, using air pressure, it sucks in the mosquito into the trap. In this trap, mosquitoes find themselves unable to escape and eventually asphyxiate and die.
It is a UV light mosquito trap that is very light. It has a bug trap tray. It has a coverage area of 300 sq ft and is rated at 5W. It features a duct system design that traps mosquitoes well.
Warranty – Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India (ISABELLA Mosquito Killer)
10 days replacement policy
Pros – Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India (ISABELLA Mosquito Killer)
- It small and compact
- It is budget friendly
- It is power efficient
Cons – Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India (ISABELLA Mosquito Killer)
It works only with its specific plug
It does not have a huge area of coverage
It is recommended for small spaces. It is cheap and will definitely be perfect for rooms and homes It is good for travelling as it is light and it is easy to clean as well.
5. Koyet USB Powered Mosquito Killer - Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India
The Koyet Mosquito Killer is truly a remarkable product. It silently traps mosquitoes while you sleep. It is so quiet that you will not notice. It is a lightweight device. It is very easy to transport and also clean.
It is a good quality device that can last a long time. It is conservative in power consumption. It is also non toxic and hence safe for your family and pets. It has a coverage area of 200 sq ft and a rated wattage of 5 W. It uses suction to trap and kill mosquitoes.
Warranty – Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India (Koyet USB Mosquito Killer)
10 days replacement policy
Pros – Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India (Koyet USB Mosquito Killer)
Portable and consumes less power
Works on USB
Easy to clean
Cons – Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India (Koyet USB Mosquito Killer)
It does not cover a huge area
The process employed takes longer.
This is a compact device. It is ideal for home use, like bedrooms and such. It is very light and easy to clean. This makes it ideal for anyone looking for a small and convenient device.
6. COBRA Mosquito Killer Lamps - Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India
This product is ideal for both indoor and outdoor uses. It is eco friendly and light. It is rated at 5W. It is aesthetically pleasing.
It might be the best mosquito killer lamp in india. It provides an ambient light and is pretty noiseless, allowing for a peaceful sleep. It is one of the best mosquito killers for a bedroom application.
Warranty – Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India (COBRA Mosquito Killer)
Pros – Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India (COBRA Mosquito Killer)
- It is compact
- It is affordable
Cons – Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India (COBRA Mosquito Killer)
- It Does not have a huge range
This device is ideal for bedrooms. It can be great for indoors and outdoors. It is ideal for individuals who travel and camp. It is a great device for homes and small spaces.
7. Fonda Electronic Led Mosquito Killer Lamps - Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India
The last device on our list is amazing for personal use. The fonda Mosquito killer lamp is very power efficient. It is easy to use and produces no harmful toxins. It is ideal for smaller rooms and is very light.
It is safe to use and is made from abs plastics. It looks very nice. It works on the basis of suction and is a very handy device
Warranty – Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India (Fonda Mosquito Killer)
Pros – Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India (Fonda Mosquito Killer)
It is safe
Small in size
Cons – Best Mosquito Killer Lamp in India (Fonda Mosquito Killer)
- It does not cover a huge area.
This is a device that is ideal for rooms. It is perfect for students staying in hostels and individuals who travel a lot.
Buying Guide - Best Mosquito Killer Lamps in India
What is a Mosquito Killer Lamp?
Mosquito Killer Lamps are devices that are designed to exterminate the pestilence of mosquitoes. They may cater to a larger pest base, but they work ideally with exterminating mosquitoes.
They are designed to attract mosquitoes and kill them in a way that is not lethal to humans. They can be of many different types. The methods they employ may vary. They can be solar-powered or even USB powered devices. They are generally eco-friendly devices and are safe for humans.
These devices are useful against all sorts of insects and not just mosquitoes. They work as an efficient method of curbing pestilence.
Types of Mosquito Killer Traps
There are several types of Mosquito Killer Lamp, such as:
- UV Light Mosquito Traps
- Heat based mosquito Traps
- Water Mosquito Traps
- Carbon Dioxide Mosquito Trap
- Propane Mosquito Traps
UV Light Mosquito Traps – These are devices that are based on UltraViolet or UV Light. They are completely harmless to your pets and your children.
They emit light that is in an ultraviolet frequency. This light attracts mosquitoes and bugs and will lead to them being exterminated with the mechanism of the trap.
- It is safe around children
- It is Non Toxic
- Ideal for smaller rooms
- Not as effective as other options
Heat based mosquito Traps – These are devices that work on the principle of heat. One of the methods used by mosquitoes to locate and identify humans is heat.
These devices emit heat and that attracts mosquitoes, leading to them gerd in the mechanism that is employed by the respective device.
- Works for larger areas like outdoors
- Can be expensive
Water Mosquito Traps – These are traps that are very effective. The work on the principle requirement for female mosquitoes to go to water to lay their eggs. This trap can be employed indoors or outdoors and can be very effective against mosquitoes. They are simple to execute and very budget friendly.
- Easy Set up
- Maintenance is not easy
Carbon Dioxide Mosquito Trap – These are traps that work on the basis of human breathing. Human beings exhale CO2 and this is a factor that mosquitoes use to track us. This device simulates this effect by releasing CO2. This causes mosquitoes to to be attracted to the device and hence trapped by the device.
- Safe for indoors and outdoors
- Maintenance is not easy
Propane Mosquito Traps – These are considered to be the most effective mosquito traps. They release moisture, and carbon dioxide. These resemble humans in terms of emissions and hence mosquitos are very easily attracted to them. These are very effective and kill mosquitoes by dehydrating them once they are trapped.
- They are convenient to use.
- These are very expensive
How to choose the best Mosquito Killer Lamp
Choosing the best Mosquito killer lamp in 2020 might prove to be quite a difficult task as there are several options available.
In our buying guide, we have mentioned the products that you need to look out for, as they are, in our opinion, the best mosquito killer lamps available in India at the moment.
When it comes to buying the perfect mosquito killer lamp, there are several factors that you need to look out for. Though your ideal product will be very subjective, there are in general some factors that you need to look for.
Some of the factors to look out for for choosing the best mosquito killer lamp is as follows:
- Range – Range is an important factor. This decides the radius in which your product will keep you safe from mosquitoes and therefore must be considered based on size of the room.
- Power source – Mosquito killer lamps can use a variety of power sources. Some rely on solar power, usb power, battery power or even a AC power source. Choosing one that is appropriate for your needs is important.
- Mechanism – The mechanism used for trapping and exterminating mosquitoes is something to ponder on. This can be a safety concern if you have young children at home or even pets.
- Warranty – This is an electronic device. There always exists the possibility of it being damaged. If it is damaged, a warranty can facilitate easy repair or replacement, thus taking that trouble off your mind.
- Safety – The mechanism used can lead to safety hazards. There can exist the possibility of a child or your pet being put in harm’s way because of the device. Therefore looking into its precautions is important.
- Cost – Keeping an eye on the cost of the device is important. With all the options out there, making sure you get the best value for your money is an important thing.
- Ease of use – It is ideal that you get a device that is simple to use. If it is not easy to use, in its complications, you may end up not using your device to the best of its capabilities.
- Set Up – Setting up your device should not cause trouble for you. This is important as the harder it is to set up ypr device, the higher the chances of you making a mistake that can lead to inefficient working or harm.
- Placement – Depending on your range and location, placing your device can make all the difference. To best utilize your device, know where it can get the maximum reach and place it such a way that you get maximum protection.
- Running cost – Running your mosquito killer lamp should not create a dent in your expenses. Therefore, make sure that your device does not cost a lot to run.
How do Mosquito Killer Lamps work?
Mosquito killer lamps may seem like a complicated device, but their working is really simple.
There are two parts to how they work and on combining these two, you get a perfect mosquito killer lamp. The two parts are, Attracting the mosquito to the trap and trapping and exterminating the mosquito.
The first part, attracting the mosquito, is simple. The mosquitoes are attracted to light produced by the device. They see this light and find themselves pulled toward it. They are so drawn toward it that extermination is made very easy.
The next part, extermination, is also rather simple. Mosquitoes, blinded by the light source come to ward it and find themselves zapped or burned by the lamp.
This is safe for human beings and causes no sort of harm to us. However, it is advisable to keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Tips for using a Mosquito Killer Lamp
- Place it at an optimal location – Location is very important when it comes to a mosquito killer lamp. If you place the device in a position that best utilizes its range it will be very effective.
- Keep away from other lights – This works on attracting insects on the basis of light. If it is kept in a room where several other lights are kept, it will not be effective in attracting mosquitoes.
- Close entry and exit points – By closing off the location you are using it in you ensure that more pests do not enter and also that there is no escape for the pests that are present within the room.
- Keep it away from sources of damage – For prolonged protection, make sure you do not keep it in an area that can cause your device to get damaged by the elements.
Advantages of Mosquito Killer Lamp:
- Low maintenance – It does not really require a lot of maintenance. Other than a power source and the occasional cleaning of its tray, you need not do anything. It is very simple to maintain.
- Safety from mosquitoes and other bugs – This ensures that you need not worry about mosquitoes or other insects. It is very well equipped to keep you safe from these at all times.
- It is safe to use – This system can cause no harm to humans. It does not emit any gasses or such and hence is completely safe. It is recommended to keep it away from children and pets
Disadvantages of Mosquito Killer Lamp:
- No safety from the elements – Be it rain or wind, this is not a device that will be able to hold its own against the forces of nature.It has potential to be damaged and hence it is recommended that it be kept safe from these conditions.
FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions for Best Mosquito Killer Lamps in India
Conclusion - Best Mosquito Killer Lamps in India
In conclusion, with the growing threat that comes from mosquitoes, it is always recommended to have a mechanism to protect yourself from their threat.
With this in mind, a mosquito killer lamp is a very good investment. It enables one to stay safe from mosquitoes and can be very harmless for humans.
There are several things to consider before buying one and several options available.With different power sources and even different working principles, this choice can be difficult to make.
With that in mind, we hope that this guide helps you make the right decision while acquiring the best mosquito killer in India for you.
I am a breaking journalist for NewsFlurry in London, covering Europe and the U.S. Beforehand I was a correspondent for HuffPost UK, the Press Association, and a night journalist at the Guardian. I considered Social Anthropology at the London School of Economics, where I was an essayist and proofreader for one of the college’s worldwide issues magazines, the London Globalist. That drove me to Goldsmiths, University of London, where I finished my M.A. in Journalism. Got a story?