The audience may have enjoyed the erotic romantic drama film Fifty Shades of Grey Star but most of you don’t know much about the lead cast of the film. Am I right, ain’t I? Here we will be talking about the lead cast member of the film Dakota Johnson. Let us tell you that Dakota played Anastasia Steele, a 21-year college student in the film. On the occasion of Dakota’s birthday, here we have mentioned 10 things about her.
Who is Dakota Johnson?
- Dakota Johnson was born on 4th October 1989 at a hospital in Austin, Texas. She was born to the popular actor, director, and producer Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith. Her maternal grandparents have been in the same industry as child artists. She is the niece of actor, producer Tracy Griffith and Clay A. Griffin; production designer. The popular actor Antonio Banderas is her stepdad. She has two maternal and four paternal siblings. The popular actor Jesse Johnson is her sibling. At the time of Dakota’s birth, her father was filming for The Hot Spot. She has spent most of her childhood on film’s set with her parents.
- Her career started as a child artist. She and her sister Stella Banderas were the daughters of their real-life mom in the film, Crazy in Alabama. Antonio Banderas, Dakota’s stepfather directed the film.
- She has been chosen as Miss Golden Globe in 2006. She has taken acting classes from Tom Todoroff. Being from the acting background she had a dream to become an actress.
- She appeared in an oscar-nominated film The Social Network in a short role. David Fincher directed that film.
- Dakota Johnson marked her television debut with the comedy series Ben and Kate. She played Kate in the series. The makers cancelled the show after one season.
- Johnson was in the long-term relationship with Noah Gersh and actor Jordan Masterson. Till 2016, for two years, she dated the lead vocalist of Welsh Indie Rock band. Since October 2017, she has been in a relationship with Chris Martin.
- In 2020, she has supported the American “defund the police” movement.
- The beautiful actress has tried her hands in modelling too. She has done really well at modelling and could make a huge amount of money through this profession but she preferred acting as her first priority.
- She has received a successful legacy due to her parents or step-parents but at the same time, it can’t be ignored that she had to go through a rough childhood due to her parent’s personal problem.
- Her upcoming project includes The Lost Daughter, written and directed by Maggie Gyllenhaal. The drama film will also feature Olivia Colman, Jessie Buckley, Peter Sarsgaard, and Paul Mescal along with Dakota. Dakota Johnson will portray the role of Nina. Stay connected with us to get the latest updates.