Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s New Reality Show will Release on Netflix? Check Details

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's New Reality Show will Release on Netflix? Check Details

Prince Harry and the Duchess of Sussex had reportedly made a deal worth $100 million with Netflix. The couple, who had previously resigned from their royal duties, moved to the USA, to take a break from all the media scandals and focus more on their son Archie. 

Highlights

  • Netflix confirms that the royal couple had made a deal to film a reality show featuring their lives.
  • Other deals include films, series, documentaries and children’s TV shows.
  • Spectators might also see Meghan Markle in front of the camera.

According to reports by The Sun, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have decided to run a “fly-on-the-wall” reality show featuring their day-to-day lives. It will not have anything to do with Meghan’s time in the royal family.  Sources close to the parties say that Meghan wants to let people know “the real her”. 

A representative of Netflix said. “It will all be very tasteful, and not Katie Price and Prince Andre-style reality TV, but they want to give people a glimpse into their lives and see all the charity work they do.” Also, they added, “The couple already has several projects in development, including an innovative nature docuseries and an animated series that celebrates inspiring women but we are not disclosing any of the programming slate at this time.” 

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s New Reality Show

There has been no confirmation as to when the show will appear on the platform. Royal Reporter Omid Scobie confirms the couple’s deal in his tweet. He also added that the only shows in development for the couple “are the ones we have previously confirmed”. This includes a nature documentary series and an animated series celebrating inspiring women. 

The couple said that they intended to “creating content that informs but also gives hope” and that the showrunner Netflix’s “unprecedented reach will help us share impactful content that unlocks action”. Since their resentment from the Royal Family, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle had been actively participating in charity works. They are continuing this even with the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. 

What to Expect?

They have been also encouraging Americans to register for the vote which is about to take place in November. Norman Baker, former government minister, does not seem to be happy with their decision. He accused them of exploiting their Royal Family connections. 

In an interview given to “Good Morning Britain” on Monday, he said. “Let’s be frank about this. Netflix wouldn’t be offering a huge deal to Harry because of his interesting view.” Also, the added, “They are offering him the deal because of his connections with the royal family, which he, therefore, is exploiting.” Piers Morgan, former host of America’s Got Talent charged directly at Meghan Markle. 

“At what point does the penny drop that she comes over here, took our prince and now Mrs Privacy is making a $150 million fly on the wall documentary where every part of their lives is going to be filmed?” Meghan, who had been a part of the famous American series Suits, have no intention to return to full time acting other than the aforesaid reality show. She had made that clear earlier this month. 

Subscribe

We never spam, we hate it too.